We are holding our monthly meeting this Tuesday 7pm at St. Mark's Church. St. Mark's Church is located at 55 Edgecombe Avenue at the intersection of 137th Street, Edgecombe and St. Nicholas Avenues. This is an important meeting because we need lots of volunteers to make our exciting summer events happen! Please spread the word and bring a friend or two! Some of our new events this year include the possibility of hosting an art fair. We are need volunteers for our always popular Historic Harlem Parks Film Festival.
Next Saturday, May 17th is It's My Park! Day in St. Nicholas Park. This day is devoted to planting trees, painting fences, and getting the park ready for its summer use. We need as many people as ever to help our gardener keep up our beautiful park. The event is from 11am to 4pm throughout the park. An information table will be set up in the plaza providing info and water to participants.
WE NEED HELP SPREADING THE WORD ABOUT ITS MY PARK DAY!
We have uploaded posters that you can download and make copies of to help us promote this event around St. Nicholas Park. Instructions are below:
1. Go to: http://groups.google.com/group/Friends-of-St-Nicholas-Park/files
2. Download the File called IMP_Poster_English.pdf or IMP_Poster_Spanish.pdf
3. Print out the poster on your printer, or save to a CD or email a copy to your local print shop.
4. On the lower part of the poster be sure to write: "11am-4pm St. Nicholas Park 135th Street Plaza"
5. Then take these posters and help us spread the word by placing posters in your buildings lobby, at your favorite coffee shop, your church, or your school, etc. (always get permission before hanging them though).
Thanks for your help and look forward to seeing you at Its My Park! Day
Friends of St. Nicholas Park