Happy Fall Everyone!
Yesterday, the Friends of St. Nicholas Park held our annual Fall Festival and despite the chilly temperatures and the last minute change of location, we had a very enthusiastic turn out. The social hall at St. Marks United Methodist church was filled with members of the local community looking for an afternoon of Fall Fun despite the threat of rain. There was pumpkin decorating, face painting, performances by students from The Harlem School of the Arts, a visit from the Manhattan Parks Commissioner and plenty of cupcakes and cider for everyone. We even had an exciting raffle with a dinner at Dinosaur Barbecue as the prize.
The Friends would like to thank everyone that attended the Fall Fest and helped to make it a success but we would especially like to thank the following people:
- Ron Guy and the congregation at St. Marks United Methodist church
- Commissioner William Castro
- The students and faculty from The Harlem School of the Arts
- Dinosaur Barbecue for providing the raffle prize
- Red Jacket Orchards for providing the cider
Commissioner Castro speaking
Our next event will be in December for our Holiday Tree Lighting on the Plaza. See you all there.